Wednesday, February 18, 2009

fear

When I was little, I didn't need a nightlight and I loved going to bed. I would get my glass of water and trot off to my room. Then I would wake up in the night and have to use the bathroom every night like clock work. now most children would have just swung their feet onto the floor and followed the bathroom nightlight so graciously left on by their parents...I was not like most children. I would lay in the dark in my bed absolutely terrified of the snakes that were on my floor. I would eveuntaully have to pee so badly it hurt. Then and only then would I stand up on my bed, my legs tense and ready. I would slowly bounce up and down just a little and when I felt I was ready, I would launch myself off my bed flying towards the door. when my feet hit the floor, I was running to the bathroom. I would calmly go to the bathroom but when I made it back to my room the process would repeat itself. I would launch myself from my door to my bed and curl myself up to the wall. this fits with lord of the flies becuase the boys are scared of snake things too.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow, i can picture you doing that. and why did you think there were snakes on your floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes fit the novel in more ways than one (think Garden of Eden). And having to go to the bathroom would make it that much more painful! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard this story about five times and every time I hear it I imagine as a little tike jumping from one end of your room to the other to avoid the 'snakes' that must have only 'appeared' at night and you were the only one that saw them...ya crazy!!!!!! [:

    ReplyDelete